Consecrated in 1843 Holy Trinity Church, Salcombe, is part of cluster of four churches which the vicar oversees. The other three congregations are All Saints Church Malborough, Holy Trinity Galmpton, and St Clements, Hope Cove. The four churches make what is legally called a benefice or mission community. We like to call this 'The Seaside Benefice'.
All Saints Church Malborough is the oldest church in the benefice and was consecrated in the year of Thomas Becket's martyrdom, 1170. Services are usually on at 10am and normally an Eucharist with a choir. There is a Wednesday 10am short Holy Communion which is followed by tea and coffee. The church was reordered in 2014 to give new facilities and open up more space for the community. This is a congregation with a busy social diary which also do a lot for the local community and charities. For instance, on Tuesdays there is the art group which anyone can come and join and raises much for church funds.
Holy Trinity Galmpton is a few miles from the coast on the way to Hope Cove. It is a beautiful Victorian building with a dedicated congregation. The church was reordered in 2013 so as for it to be available for small group away days. There is a kitchen, toilet and meeting spaces. It has been used in the past for icon painting workshops, deanery and diocesan away days, and parish study groups. There is also an outdoor walking labyrinth and a wildflower meadow.
St Clements Church Hope Cove is a little chocolate-box church and former school house on the brow of the hill in Hope Cove. It has a service of Holy Communion on the first and third Sunday of the month at 8am. It is also available for weddings. St Clements and Holy Trinity are managed by the South Huish District Church Council and comes under the oversight of our united benefice.